We work with you for the best possible outcome for your child!
A developmental educator is a disability specialist who has completed a four-year university degree. They work either individually or as part of a team of allied health professionals.
Developmental Educators can help by:
- Providing positive behavioral support programs
- Teaching functional life skills including social, communication, self-care, daily living, recreation, and employment
- Providing case management and counselling supports to people with disabilities
- Promoting the physical and emotional well-being of people with disabilities
- Undertaking developmental and functional behavioral assessments
- Assisting people with a disability to set and attain individual goals.
- Working and liaising with families, service providers and community members to enhance the choice, social inclusion and quality of life for people with disability
- Facilitating self-advocacy and / or advocate on behalf of people with disabilities
(information provided by: deai.com.au)