Social Work (Adults & Children)
- Counselling and support for individuals and families
- Play based therapy sessions for young children with developmental delays
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Marte Meo
- Case management
- Support with NDIS clients
- Support to assist with life transitions
- Counselling for grief and loss issues
Our senior social worker Danielle Relf’s passion is working with children on developmental, behavioural and cognitive challenges. She holds a Bachelor of Social Work and is currently completing her Masters in Infant and Perinatal Mental Health.
With younger children Danielle focuses on child directed play therapy, particularly as research shows that, children learn through play therapy to communicate with others, express feelings, modify behaviours, develop problem solving skills, and learn to relate to others in a variety of ways.
Danielle supports the child directly, and equips caregivers to support the social and emotional development of the child. She works within the child’s important attachment relationships, which may include supporting parents who are experiencing grief and loss and other challenges. Within these attachment relationships, Danielle assists the child to build confidence, resilience and emotional regulation. She focuses strongly on the development of life skills and social and emotional intelligence. This in turn prepares and supports the child in the kindy/school and home environments.
Practical play-based therapy
Danielle implements practical and play based therapies, tailored to the individual and guided by the defined therapeutic goals. Services include;
- Therapy with children who have developmental, behavioral and cognitive challenges. Danielle will support the child directly and equips the caregiver to support the social and emotional development of the child.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy, for older children, displaying challenging behaviours.
- Groups on preparing children for school, developing social and emotional intelligence, play based parent groups, as well as groups run in conjunction with speech pathologists, occupational therapists and our art therapist.
- Play based therapy sessions using the Marte Meo approach, a therapeutic strategy tailored to build confidence, resilience and emotional regulation.
Therapy can help your child
Therapy can help children experiencing:
- Poor Self‐Esteem
- Social Difficulties
- Adjustment to Change
- Sibling Rivalry
- Anger Management